The treatment concept implemented at the Oberwaid centre of psychosomatic medicine has its roots in evidence-based medicine while incorporating holistic treatments for the body, mind and spirit, including selected modules of complementary medicine such as phytotherapy, traditional Chinese medicine and water shiatsu.
We evaluate our work on a continuous basis in close cooperation with the Scientific Advisory Board.
The 6 pillars of treatment are
- Careful psychological and somatic diagnostic work-up by an interdisciplinary team
- Individual needs- and target-based therapy planning
- Case-by case focus-centred intensive psychotherapy in a one-to-one and group setting
- Integration of verbal and non-verbal therapy (physical and creative therapy)
- Consideration of the workplace and social environment
- Planning follow-on treatment for continuity of care